I rather enjoy my little thankfuls and this week I feel as though I have a lot more to be thankful for than normal.
1. I am thankful for my bonus. I thought I wasn't going to get a bonus this year, and got a phonecall on Tuesday night from my boss telling me that I was getting one this Friday after all. Because I wasn't expecting it I have been able to put it to good use, namely putting a down payment on my trip to America this October for my friend's wedding. Not only that, I get to see my pals in Utah whom I haven't seen in nearly 8 years! Not only was I able to do that, I was able to donate to my friend's theatre group and help her reach her target to put on her first production! Delighted doesn't even cover it!!
2. I am thankful for my Utah pals. I got such a great reception when I told them I was coming to visit. The girls got a bit carried away with their plans to find me a husband so I stay in the States, but other than that the conversation was one filled with great banter, fun and nostalgia. I can't wait to see them and explore a state I have heard about for years!
3. Today, I had a bit of banter with an old acquaintance. I am heading to Ireland twice in the next month for weddings but I can't help but feel that I will need a holiday to recuperate. My old pal, whom I discovered in Lithuania 7 years ago recommended a trip to Bucharest. It has been so long since I've been on an adventure I am taking him up on his suggestion. It reminded me of how closely connected wandering souls are and made me thankful for meeting all the wonderful people that I did meet. Sometimes I wonder if I am ever meant to settle down or if my nomadic tendencies will catch up with me and take me across the globe again. Time will tell I guess.
4. I had a very varied week this week. I did a lot of exploring around hills and glens, had a spot of retail therapy, got treated to a fabby dinner and wine, went litter picking in Larbert (just for the craic of it), bought an old fashioned telephone so I can call Ireland and revisited Stirling for the first time in ten odd years. I like that I am spending my time doing different things. It shakes life up just a little.
5. I had some interesting feedback about myself this week. I know we all have our blind spots etc.. but my eyes got opened widely about how I am perceived. Sometimes it is difficult to receive critical (constructive ;) ) feedback but I have embraced it and plan to use what I have been told to improve myself. Everybody needs a little change sometimes, and I am thankful that people had the courage to be quite blunt with me when I asked them the difficult questions.
6. I am so thankful that I get to attend both my cousins weddings. I am so excited to see Nicola and Roisin get married and to spend time with my cousins. Both trips will be fleeting but I am looking forward to letting my hair down and having a bit of craic with the family.
|Roisin, me and Nicola with my Uncle George|
7. I am most thankful for a friend that I have who is always there for me when I need a chat. He always knows when I am down and this week he stepped up to the mark and cheered me up when I thought it was impossible. It is always good to know that you have people on your side who will cook you diiner, give you wine and make you smile when all you want to do is cry. Thank you, pal xxx
I hope you guys all have a super week!!
Let the fabulousness continue!