Ten thoughts for today.
1. I have a weird crush on the comedian Jon Richardson. I don't know why. Perhaps because he makes me laugh and has an adorable smile and dimples. Fab combination. Shame he is engaged (because naturally that is the only obstacle!)
2. I have found a new 'happy' album. "Doo - wops and hooligans" by Bruno Mars. He has a very famous song called 'Just the way you are'. It is a beautiful song, very romantic. I have a bizarre association with it. It reminds me of my dad! We went on holiday to Sardinia together a couple of years ago and our evening entertainment was sudoku and my crap phone pretending to be a radio. That song was being played constantly, along with Eliza Dolittles 'Pack up'. By the end of the week my Da was humming along to both tunes. He would get so excited when Lloyd Wade sings 'So pack up your troubles in your own kit-bag' that all I could do was laugh! Wonderful memories of a wonderful time with my wonderful dad. Saying that. My favourite song on the album is 'Count on me'.
3. I am watching a documentary on the Beatles. I can't help but think I would have been great craic in the 60s. Floral print, great tunes... I would have been all over it.
4. Speed dating. My pals think I should go speed dating. I really am not keen. The main suggester Claire has my best interests at heart and has started 'operation kiss dance', her attempt to marry me off. She is an avid reader of my blog, and I am using this forum to tell her... 'I promise to behave, and stop torturing myself with silliness but please, don't make me go! I won't like it. I'll do better. I swear!'...
5. Speaking of men in my life. This week Johnathon leaves me to start a new chapter in his fabulous life. While I am great pals with my new flatmate, I am gutted to be losing my JP. He is the Patsy to my Edina, the Clara to my Doctor, the Will to my Grace. I have adored living with him. Wine, twirling, singing into hairbrushes. It just won't be the same without him. Miss you already JP. At least we shall dance at the ball!
6. LL COOL J is pretty cool but not as cool as Dave Grohl.
7. My pal, Craig, gave me a load of Irish goodies today. It was such a lovely gesture. I made a total banbh (piggie for the non Irish readers) of myself. Yummy badness!
8. George Harrison is/was my favourite Beatles
9. My friend Brianán inspired me this week. She has given herself 3 challenges to do for 15 minutes every day. I like it. I think I will do the same. My challenges will be 1. Write 2.Play guitar 3. Knit
10. My store has started working with dementia Scotland to promote awareness of dementia. I rather like the cause. I think I may become more charitable and active for the cause. Good for the soul/karma right?
Happy Monday folks.