It has been ages since I've done a Life of Lu.
I think it is time for a catch up.
1. I turned 29 last week and I loved every second of it. As strange as it may seem I am really looking forward to starting my thirties and embracing all the challenges and adventures that my thirties will bring. I do also plan to see my twenties out in style. Watch this space...
Ignore my horrendous wine lips...
2. James got accepted into college this week to start in September. He is going to be studying Music Business. I am so excited and so proud of him. Three years ago he was sitting the Irish Leaving Cert (Scottish Highers/A Levels/SATs equivalent) pulling his hair out at fractions and basic rules of grammar. Now he is doing the course that he has spoken about since I first met him 5 and a half years ago. It makes my heart swell with joy.
3. I finally tasted Krisy Kreme doughnuts thanks to my very lovely friend Claire. She popped in to visit me at work (what a great surprise that was!) and handed over the tasty goodness. I brought it home to share with James and we feasted like a king and queen on the gooey delight. Thanks Claire!
4. I have decided to master the short story. It is proving difficult but I am really enjoying the challenge.
5. My friend Caroline, one of the girls who encouraged the ridiculous idea of going back to see if James was 'the one' when he lived in Lithuania has moved back to Scotland and literally lives around the corner from my house. I am very excited about the whole thing! She made me madelines. I have been getting spoilt with treats lately!
6. For my birthday James got me tickets to see Bohemian Rhapsody in Edinburgh.
7. He also bought me Ivanhoe. I have gotten to the second page and it looks promising.
8. As of Monday I no longer work in Corstorphine. I will miss my colleagues very much, but I am very excited about my next adventure, whatever that may be!
9. I bought some funky shoes last week but they really hurt my feet. I still love them.
10. I am embarking on my challenge to knit a quilt. I now have a really great pattern, I just need to get bigger needles. And more wool. But at least I have the pattern now!