If you knew me...
(idea stolen from www.tifsong.blogspot.com)
- you would know that I love the colour purple. I do. So much so that I have managed to find myself a job where I wear it daily. Whoop! The boy tells me I am like a magpie is with silver when it comes to purple. I see it and swoop and then follow with a little whoop. Weirdly, I've never read the book 'The Colour Purple'. I probably should.
-You would know that I LOVE being ginger. Really I do. I LOVE it!
- you would know that I am also a musical junkie. I can't get enough. The Rocky Horror Picture Show is probably my all time favourite but I could not pick a second. Much to James' annoyance I also own quite a few on DVD. Girlie time = musical time!
- you would know that it is very difficult to hurt me. While I have quite a bubbly personality I tend not to let people get too close to me. The boy and I have spoken about it a few times. I can be very distant when I'm upset. I rant and rave about stuff that annoys me but I never really tell people how I'm really feeling. I guess it is a protection thing. Think about it. How much do you really know about me other than the trivial bits of gossip I feed occasionally or what you've heard whispered in the winds of small town/city Ireland? Some people would say it is sad that I am this way. I would say it is necessary.
- you would know that I hate generic gifts. I really do. Stuff that you could have bought for me or a stranger on the street and it would have had the exact same sentiment. I know it sounds harsh but I if someone wants to give me a gift (and by all means do) I like it to have a reason behind it. Does that make sense? I can give examples. My friend Daithi once gave me a photo of us on a night we had out together that we both really enjoyed. Weirdly I gave him the same gift. It showed that night out meant something to us both. I still have the photo. James' sister made me a fox not so long ago because she knew I loved looking at the foxes in our back garden. Finnegan the fox now has a pride of place sitting on my bookshelf. I am one of those people who holds on to all the photos that kids I have babysat for have drawn for me. I have so many scrapbooks of that stuff. I love it!
- you would know that I am a total Daddy's girl. I miss my dad terribly. I can't wait until I get to go home in October and have a hug. He is such a super dad. Quite the smartarse too.
- you would know how much I love receiving letters. I do. You should send me one. I will even write back.
-you would know how much I adore my boy. He is blooming fabulous. And tall. Really, really tall. I think Lithuania will always have a special place in my heart as it is the place where we met and of course everyone who spent a good four months trying to get us to admit we liked each other! You were all fabulous wing men! It is amazing how 4 and a half years in I still get a little butterfly in my tummy when he walks into the room. I guess it makes me realise that I am a very lucky lady.
So, I guess now you know me a bit better. It is your turn to let me know you!