I turned 28.
You know, ignoring a manic depression which lasted all of 20 minutes, I'm pretty ok with it.
Rather than shy away from the fact that 30 is just around the corner,
I've decided to confront it.
"How?" I hear you ask.
Well I have decided to celebrate the final years of being a twenty-something by embarking on a '30 things to do before I'm 30' challenge.
I've been working on it for weeks.
My friends here in Edinburgh have been really encouraging and I think together we have compiled a pretty mega list.
Here we go (in no particular order)
1)Read the BBC top 100 books
2)Bungee jump (I should mention here I'm afraid of heights)
4)Learn a new language
5)Visit the Sistine Chapel
6)Make a quilt (I've always wanted to. I blame Winona Ryder)
7)Visit Tiffani in Utah
8)Parachute Jump with Agata
9)Raise money for charity
10)Do the Great Scottish Run (ugh. The idea pains me.)
11)Sell something I've created
12) Publish something I have written. No. 11 does not count
13) Do a TEFL course
14) Get a tattoo
15) Buy shares in something
16) Buy and wear a size 12 gown to my 30th birthday
17) Enter a photography competition
18) Enter a writing competition. No. 12 does not count
19) Appear on television
20)Learn to play an instrument to a decent level
21) Go see "We Will Rock You"
22) Do a Christmas Day swim (must therefore learn how to swim!)
23) Learn a new form of dance
24) Do a 30 day challenge
25)Pass my driving test
26) Try to break a record
27) Stop eating wheat. (it makes me terribly ill but oh do I love bread and beer.)
28) Create my family tree
29) Join a team (work "team" does NOT count!)
30) Visit the Pyramids.
So that is the list.
24 months to achieve it.
It involves 3 holidays (maybe 4) which is pretty decent and a lot of learning which is always fun.
I plan to blog the whole experience and hopefully you will enjoy sharing it with me.
If anyone has anything to add to the challenge please do!
Holiday buddies, rolling down hills in inflatable balloon buddies, heads-up on events buddies... you are all required!
I will also be looking for sponsership for charity for some of the scarier tasks so please keep a look out.
Wish me luck folks!
I'll be praying for 30 to come along by the end of it!!!