Last night, instead of doing my Life of Lu for the week (how bold, never fear, I'll do it after this) I met up with an old friend of mine.
It is always nice to meet up with someone who you can just pick up with as if you met them yesterday.
The conversation got very philosophical as can happen after a couple of cold ones
and the question came up "what is happiness?"
Well we decided that happiness is not a continuous feeling
merely something that happens in a moment
and we have to ensure that we get plenty of those moments in our lifetime
for it to seem happy.
Deep I know.
This is what we came up with as an answer to
What is happiness?
-Getting a big hug from someone who puts all their heart into it.
-James added the first time his little niece Emma came to sit on his lap for a cuddle (it was the start of a lovely little friendship)
-The first time you kiss that person you have dreamt about kissing and it tingles your toes
- The moment when you finish something nobody expected you to finish
- When you're having a bad day and someone gives you a compliment. And really means it.
- When you fit into that dress/trousers that has been taunting you for years from your wardrobe
- When you get the cast that has kept you captive is removed for your leg for the final time
- When you arrive home from work and someone hands you a cup of tea they've made for you. yum!
- When you are dunking a biscuit and you think you've lost it. But then realise you haven't
- Foot rubs
- When you are eating a yummy roast dinner and you realise you have just enough gravy on your plate to cover your final bite of meat.
- When you hear a song you love at a moment you are feeling down. Thank you DJs
-The moment the plane takes off and you are officially on holiday!
-When you find some chocolate in your popcorn at the cinema.
- When you wake up after a nightmare and realise that none of it was real.
.-When that special someone says "I love you" for the first time
There are so many moments that are happy.
Have you got any to share?
I love to hear them.
In fact, it would make me happy to hear them!