On this day, 14 years ago, the world lost a little bit of its magic, when at 11pm, my little sister took her final breath and life changed as we all knew it. She was only 17 years old. 17 years and 19 days to be exact. As I sat here today reading all the lovely messages written about her, my heart soared with pride in the fact that in her short time with us, she managed to have such a big impact on so many people. Marguerite Mary O'Dwyer, an ambassador for mischief, mockery and for having a marvellous time. I miss her so much.
It is funny how every year there is something different that I focus on for the anniversary. I never choose my train of thought, I think the year since the last anniversary chooses it for me. Last night, I got fairly plastered on wine and when my other half went to his bed, I sat and sang along to every sad song I could think of. I had a wee chat with Mags before I went to bed and woke up this morning well rested and ready to seize the day. I got quite sad a…
I always struggle with challenges such as these, where I have to give some facts about myself. Can I think of 20 things and if so will they be any good? Pressure! Well... here goes....
1. I love letters. Not bills and what not, I mean real, news filled letters. I have a handful of people whom I write to, and they write back in return. Alas, I am not very good at replying in a timely manner! I have had penpals since I was about 11 years old. Two of which were from Belarus. Their names were Tatiana and Irena. One of the highlights of their letters were the wee boxed stationery that they used to write on. I loved it so much.
2. I dislike sheep. Immensely.
3. I have 2 tattoos. One of a fairy, and one of a fox.
4. I love ducks and foxes. And Hairy Coos.
5. I think puns are severely underrated.
6. My favourite book is Jane Eyre.
7. My favourite author is more difficult... maybe Jasper Fforde... though the compilations of Irish tales by Sinead DeValera have a special place in my heart as do …
Where did 2017 go?
Is it just me or did 2017 just fly by like a whirling dervish?
Tomorrow we celebrate Hogmaney in all its glory and I can't wait.
I am leaving 2017 on such a high, and I can't wait to see where 2018 takes me. I got an email today from myself. It was an email I sent to myself 5 year ago via a website called www.futureme.org . You should go and have a look, it is a very peculiar thing to send your future self an email. Anyway, I digress. The email told me where I hoped to be five years ago. Some of it I have done, some of it I have not but what I found very interesting was how my perception of happiness and contentment have changed in the last five years. That got me thinking. It is amazing how much my perception of happiness and contentment have changed in the past year!
2017 was for me a year of growth and a year of self discovery.
I feel I found myself a lot this year. I found comfort in myself and a confidence in my capabilites.
It was a rollercoaster year …