In an alternative reality we are preparing ourselves for the weekend of a lifetime this weekend, you turn 30 on Friday! Whoop! Happy birthday little sister! Where have the years gone? I have no doubt that we would be hitting a European city for a few cocktails and a spa weekend or I would be back in Ireland for a party to end all parties. If there was one thing you could do by the tender age of 17 it was throw a party.
I wish more than anything that we could have that weekend together. A weekend of gossip, of laughter and probably over indulgence. No doubt you would still disapprove of my style, my ability to put on make up and my hair. No doubt your insistence on getting ready for a few hours would still drive me insane.
I often wonder what your life is like in that alternative reality. Are you a wife? Are you a mum?
Are you a career driven woman with plans of world domination? Are you a wanderer with an insatiable lust to see all the world and explore it's wo…
Where did 2017 go?
Is it just me or did 2017 just fly by like a whirling dervish?
Tomorrow we celebrate Hogmaney in all its glory and I can't wait.
I am leaving 2017 on such a high, and I can't wait to see where 2018 takes me. I got an email today from myself. It was an email I sent to myself 5 year ago via a website called www.futureme.org . You should go and have a look, it is a very peculiar thing to send your future self an email. Anyway, I digress. The email told me where I hoped to be five years ago. Some of it I have done, some of it I have not but what I found very interesting was how my perception of happiness and contentment have changed in the last five years. That got me thinking. It is amazing how much my perception of happiness and contentment have changed in the past year!
2017 was for me a year of growth and a year of self discovery.
I feel I found myself a lot this year. I found comfort in myself and a confidence in my capabilites.
It was a rollercoaster year …
I always struggle with challenges such as these, where I have to give some facts about myself. Can I think of 20 things and if so will they be any good? Pressure! Well... here goes....
1. I love letters. Not bills and what not, I mean real, news filled letters. I have a handful of people whom I write to, and they write back in return. Alas, I am not very good at replying in a timely manner! I have had penpals since I was about 11 years old. Two of which were from Belarus. Their names were Tatiana and Irena. One of the highlights of their letters were the wee boxed stationery that they used to write on. I loved it so much.
2. I dislike sheep. Immensely.
3. I have 2 tattoos. One of a fairy, and one of a fox.
4. I love ducks and foxes. And Hairy Coos.
5. I think puns are severely underrated.
6. My favourite book is Jane Eyre.
7. My favourite author is more difficult... maybe Jasper Fforde... though the compilations of Irish tales by Sinead DeValera have a special place in my heart as do …